If you’ve been considering new treatments for your skin, you’ll probably have wondered about the benefits of microdermabrasion.
The technique uses a vacuum or section to move around fine particles of sodium bicarbonate and aluminium oxide, gently sanding away the outer layers of the skin to reveal fresher skin underneath.
It’s a popular treatment for anyone who wants a smoother, more even complexion.
Here are the 7 main benefits of microdermabrasion
- It smooths wrinkles and fine lines– If you’re worried about those fine lines around the eyes, frown lines, or fine lines on your cheeks, microdermabrasion helps soften those lines and smooth the area around them. It may also boost the collagen production in your skin, meaning your lines could remain smoothened in the longer term.
- It helps reduce the impact of hyperpigmentation, brown spots, age spots, and uneven skin tone– Uneven skin tone can be difficult to manage. Many women use make-up as a cover-up if they have brown spots, hyperpigmentation from being in the sun, or age spots. Most women would love a fresh-faced look without having to apply make-up first.
- It deals with enlarged pores and blackheads– Achieving that peachy look for the face is impossible if you’re dealing with enlarged pores or blackheads. So, one of the key benefits of microdermabrasion is clearing and reducing those pores.
- It gives the skin a fresher look– Microdermabrasion removes dead skin cells which can clog and block pores and dull your complexion. Instead, the skin revealed is fresher and as the process may also encourage your skin to produce more collagen, that could help with the overall look of the skin in the longer term.
- You don’t have to take time out of your normal routine to recover– Although there may be some redness, these treatments don’t leave you with peeling skin, like a chemical facial peel, or scars, such as surgical procedures. If you don’t want anyone to know you’ve had the treatments, they don’t have to know because you’ve had to schedule time off from your job.
- It’s a relatively quick process – Treatments take from around 30 minutes to 75 minutes, depending on the area of the body being treated and whether there are any other treatments being offered at the same time, such as a deep moisturiser or massage.
- You don’t have to do much to prepare for it– You’ll have to remove your make-up and cleanse your skin, and you may be asked to stay out of the sun for a while beforehand.
How do I know if it’s for me?
We offer a taster session for £30 to see whether the treatment is for you. If you take a look at the benefits of microdermabrasion and are still not sure, why not give us a call and talk it through with us?
Our experienced staff will be able to answer any questions you may have.
If you need any more information about microdermabrasion, or if you would like to book a session, please call us on 0191 488 9082. You can find out more about our treatments here.